LOTS of stuff happening today and you need to Follow Us On Twitter (@OnMyDVR) and Like us on Facebook (facebook.com/onmydvr) so you can stay on top of everything!!!
1. TV Tonight! The new season continues to roll out with the premiere of The CW’s Oh Sit! (check out out show preview in item 2 below) and an offering on cable with Toy Hunter on Travel. Also tonight, a Mia Michaels Tribute on So You Think You Can Dance and Shark Week Continues!!!!
- CBS has the veto competition on Big Brother tonight at 8.
- NBC has a recap of yesterday’s America’s Got Talent at 8 and then a new hour at 9.
- Fox has two hours of So You Think You Can Dance (including a tribute to Mia Michaels).
- The CW premieres its newest (silly) show, Oh Sit! (see the show description below).
- On cable, Shark Week continues with Rogue Sharks: Reloaded at 8, Shark Fight at 9 and World’s Scariest Animal Attacks at 10; A&E premieres two new episodes of Storage Wars Texas at 9 and 9:30 and then American Hoggers at 10 and 10:30; USA Network has new Royal Pains at 9 and Necessary Roughness at 10; Travel has the season finale of Adam Richman’s Best Sandwich in America at 9 followed by the series premiere of Toy Hunter at 10.
2. New Show Description! Today, we’re previewing The CW’s new “game” show, Oh Sit!, a 21st Century version of Musical Chairs. Oh Sit, this just got real.
Oh Sit (The CW, premiering on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 8pm). Premise: Its Musical Chairs … yeah, like the game you played as a kid on rainy days in school. Riveting. Hosted by Jamie Kennedy (Jamie Kennedy Experiment) and Jessi Cruickshank (MTV Live). From The CW, “OH SIT! is a fun, high-stakes, high-octane musical chairs competition, in which 12 thrill-seeking daredevils race head to head through five physically demanding, obstacle course-style eliminations as they each compete to claim a chair, to the sounds of a live band. At the end of the hour, only one contestant will be left sitting triumphant to seize the cash prize. Adding to the fun, Tanika Ray (“Extra”) will be in the trenches with the contestants both on and off the track and will add color commentary from the sidelines as the action unfolds.”
On My DVR’s take: This show looks like idiotic … in a good way; kind of Wipeout meets Double Dare meets American Gladiators? Until Arrow begins in October and ABC’s Wednesday comedy block returns, I’ll probably be tuning into this show on and off because its sounds like goofy fun … which is much the way I appreciate (and watch) Wipeout; it’ll do fine until something better comes along.
3. Casting News! Lots of good casting scoop today starting off with Olympic Swimmer and Obnoxious Grille Wearer, Ryan Lochte, booking a guest starring gig on The CW’s 90210 next season. TVLine.com has the 2 exclusives that Lara Jean Chorostecki (Camelot) has joined NBC’s Hannibal and Bob Odenkirk (Breaking Bad) is returning to How I Met Your Mother as Barney’s (probably sleazy) attorney. The ever awesome
King Charles Widmore Alan Dale (Lost, Once Upon a Time) has booked a multi-episode arc on TV Land’s Hot in Cleveland. The beautiful Emily Proctor (CSI: Miami; West Wing) has joined USA Network’s White Collar in a recurring role. Last, Tommy Dewey (Roommates) has been cast in The Mindy Project as a recurring love interest to the eponymous, Mindy (Kaling). In other Mindy news, the show has booked three real NBA basketball stars to play themselves early on in the season: Amar’e Stoudemire, Baron Davis and Danny Granger.
4. Red hot Kate Hudson from the Glee set via Ryan Murphy’s Twitter feed:
5. NickMom is Happening. Deadline.com has this exclusive on the NickMom Lineup Announcement. Moms everywhere … rejoice?