So, the Olympics are over … what do we do now? Ah, that’s right, GET READY FOR THE FALL TV SEASON!!! Let’s do this!
1. TV Tonight! For the last time, stick with Olympics coverage as NBC does the Closing Ceremony. Also, premiere of the Monkey Show, Animal Practice and the season finale of Longmire!
- CBS has Big Brother at 8 (HOH nominates 2 players for elimination).
- NBC has the Olympic Closing Ceremony from 8-10:38 followed by the special series premiere episode of Animal Practice. Don’t miss THR’s 5 Things to Know About the Closing Ceremony!
- ABC has a new Secret Millionaire at 8 and two hours of the season finale of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition starting at 9.
- On cable, Shark Week begins on Discovery with tonight’s installments including Ultimate Air Jaws: Reloaded at 8, Air Jaws Apocalypse at 9 and Shark Week’s Impossible Shot at 10; AMC has the season premiere of Hell on Wheels at 9 and new Breaking Bad (the team must get creative to gather the materials for the operation) at 10; A&E has the season finales of The Glades at 9 and Longmire at 10 (a killer targets the four boys acquitted of raping a developmentally disabled Cheyenne girl); USA Network has new Political Animals (Elaine is torn; Bud learns the truth about TJ.’s suicide attempt; Susan gains unlimited access) at 10; Comedy Central has the The Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne at 10 (to 11:30); and HBO has new True Blood (The Authority tries to gain public favor; Nora attempts to convert Eric; Jason finds a scroll) at 9 and The Newsroom at 10.
2. Cleopatra on NBC. This is an even worse idea than their hack Dracula pilot announced during TCAs. Oh NBC.
3. Hawaii Five-0 Pictures.
For the Men …
For the Ladies …(and Men, Oh HAI Michelle Borth, thanks for returning!)
4. Deleted Scenes From The Walking Dead, Season 2 DVD. Thanks EW.com!
5. What do you do if you’ve won more Olympic Medals than anyone ever? Go on the next season of The Haney Project, natch! Michael Phelps will be Hank’s next celebrity project with the showing set to air in 2013 most likely.
6. Political Animals Preview If You Just Can’t Wait for Tonight!