1. TV Tonight! I don’t even know what to tell you to watch tonight.
- NBC has some odd timing on programs tonight with the U.S. Olympic Trials (Swimming – finals) going from 8-8:30 and then America’s Got Talent taking over from 8:30-11 with a combination of the 12 of 48 performing and outtakes.
- Fox has new Hell’s Kitchen and MasterChef.
- ABC has new The Bachelorette (hometown visits!) followed by the tremendously awful The Glass House at 10.
- On cable, Discovery has two hours (4 episodes) of Mobster Confessions from 9-11; TLC has the series premiere of Four Houses at 10; and BIO has a new I Killed My BFF (I am strangely fascinated by this show) at 10.
2. A Million Men Turn off ESPN in Unison. Erin Andrews announced her departure from ESPN late last week and yesterday confirmed the speculation that she will next appear on Fox Sports events from college football to NFL games to the MLB.
3. Comic Con 2012. Sunday’s Schedule is now up and Fringe‘s Hall H presentation has to be the keynote event on the final day of the Nerdtopia though I am sure a lot of people will turn out for the Supernatural panel and Buffy Turns 20: Celebrating 20 Years of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with an airing of the legendary musical episode, Once More with Feeling immediately afterwards.
Fringe Comic Con Poster Art:
4. Today Show News. In a move that surprised no one, Savannah Guthrie was named the new co-host of the Today Show following Ann Curry’s tearful farewell last week. Guthrie had currently co-hosted the 9:00 hour of the show.