1. TV Tonight! Duets takes its first season bow tonight while Sullivan & Son premieres and Project Runway returns.
- CBS has new Big Brother at 9 tonight (which means the Person of Interest repeat is at 10).
- NBC has two hours of original programming tonight with Saving Hope at 9 and Rock
BottomCenter at 10.
- Fox has new Take Me Out at 8.
- ABC has the season finale of Duets at 8, Wipeout at 9 and Rookie Blue at 10. They should get an award for three hours of non-repeat television during the Summer.
- On cable, (for Shanna Pope) FX has new Wilfred at 10 and Louie at 10:30 (with Anger Management at 9:30 and Brand X with Russell Brand at 11, but people care less about those, right?); TBS continues its foray into original comedies with the series premiere of Sullivan & Son at 10 and a second episode at 10:30; USA Network has new Burn Notice at 9 and Suits at 10; and Lifetime kicks of a night of Project Runway with a special, Road to the Runway Season 10 at 8 and the hour and a half season premiere starting at 9.
2. Emmy Award Nominations! Check out our Special Edition Coverage Here! It was a good day to be on a cable show (especially Mad Men), not so much for broadcast TV (unless you were a reality show or PBS). Deadline.com has a great breakdown of the nominations per channel here.
3. Casting News! Grey’s Anatomy has added Camilla Luddington (William & Kate, True Blood) to its cast for next season at least in a recurring role. Back from the dead show, Unforgettable, completely overhauled its supporting cast yesterday, read as DUMPED its supporting cast. Only Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh and Jane Curtin are expected to return for the 13 episode season 2. EW.com has it that Patton Oswald will recur in two episodes of Burn Notice. love it!
4. Fred “Dirty Old Man” Willard. I love this public lewdness story and this does not diminish my love for Mr. Willard AT ALL.