This was a tough weekend for the passing of golden aged TV personalities. We lost both Kathryn Joosten (a memorable character address who is well remembered for her myriad of roles over the years, including Mrs. Landingham on The West Wing and Mrs. McCluskey on Desperate Housewives and Richard Dawson, the long time (and best) host of Family Feud and my absolute favorite celebrity on the 70′s hit game show, Match Game. You both will be missed.
1. TV Tonight! Really, you’ll be en effing donkeh if you’re not tuning into Fox’s “Night of Gordon.” Prepare to spend the rest of your Summer with mr. Ramsay as he abuses wannabe cheftestants in the finer skills of culinary arts.
- NBC has new America’s Got Talent at 8 followed by American Ninja Warrior at 9.
- Fox has the season premieres of Hell’s Kitchen at 8 and Masterchef at 9. Now, you know its Summer!
- ABC an all new two hours of The Bachelorette.
- On cable, ABC Family has the season finale of The Secret Life of the American Teenager at 8; Bravo premieres the newest season of Real Housewives of new York City in a supersized 90 minute episode starting at 9; and History has a new American Pickers at 9 followed by a new Pawn Stars at 10 and the series premiere of Cajun Pawn Stars at 10:30.
2. I hope you weren’t too attached to sweaty Romans on Starz because after its next season, Spartacus: War of the Damned, the long running series has been cancelled.
3. In news that I guess some people care about though I am not one, Andy Samberg has formally announced his departure from Saturday Night Live. It remains to be seen if his well know “Digital Shorts” will also be gone.
4. Nothing about this news is bad, except for the lack of wackadoo mythologies … cause those are the best kinds of mythology.