Okay folks, I’m back! And just in time to bring you the season finale edition for the Sound-Off, so here ya go!
1. How I Met Your Mother – Marshall and Lily had a baby and saddled him with an old dude’s name. Really, my grandfather’s name is Marvin, so yes, it’s an old dude’s name. We are absolutely no closer, I repeat, no closer to learning who the Mother is. Really, it cannot be Victoria. It can’t. Let’s review what we know. One, the Mother (let’s call her M), shared an apartment with one of Ted’s exes (Rachel Bilson) in college. Two, M was in the econ class that Ted mistakenly thought was his first architecture class. Three, Ted is going to meet M at Barney’s wedding (more on that in a second). So, here’s my prediction for the fall premiere. As they drive down Central Park West (that’s what it looked like to me). Ted will eventually turn around and drive her back to the church where he will stand in the back and watch her get married thinking about how he is more committed than ever to finding M. On to Barney, after a super awesome proposal to Quinn we learn that eventually Barney and Robin get married. First of all, from the first minute of this season’s premiere where we learned that Barney was getting married (although at that point it seemed to be between Nora and Robin, we hadn’t met Quinn yet), it had to be Robin, because who else would request Ted’s presence. But obviously Barney’s not sure, remember the tie conversation and Ted did refer to this as the worst wedding ever. I guess we’ll have to see if Becki Newton’s pilot gets picked up and how far “down the road” this wedding really is. Seems like we’ll need a pretty big jump for that. And lastly, how awesome is Baby Marv’s middle name? Wait for it…
2. NCIS – As discussed previously, Ducky re-upped his contract for 2 years and I can’t see them doing that for a Mike Franks type ghost role, so I can only assume that Ducky will be fine, although maybe in a coma? Also, Gibbs covered Abby, so she’s probably okay. I think it’s McGee’s turn to be in a coma or something. My guess is maybe Dorneget is dead. I can’t imagine that they killed off any of the core team, so good old Ned is my guess. What’s yours?
3. Desperate Housewives – So we kissed the ladies of Wisteria Lane good-bye. We happily got a quick glimpse into everyone’s future. Nicely done Marc Cherry. We stayed on the roller-coaster and the end of ride was worth it. That’s all I’m going to say about that.
4. Grey’s Anatomy - SERIOUSLY?!?!!? That’s how you’re going to end the freakin’ season?
5. Glee - I have lots to say, but I’ll put it all in next week’s Sound-off.