1. TV Tonight! The first serious week of season (series?) finales kicks off tonight with 2 Broke Girls and Castle both saying goodbye for the Summer.
- CBS sends the freshman comedy, 2 Broke Girls, off in style tonight with a one hour season finale followed by new Two and a Half Men at 9, Mike & Molly at 9:30 and Hawaii Five-O (now with 100% more rehabbed Alex O’ Loughlin) at 10
- NBC has the final performances on The Voice starting at 8 and “Bombshell” finally starts its previews on Smash at 10.
- Fox has new Bones at 8 and House at 9.
- ABC has two hours of Dancing with the Stars followed by the season finale of Castle at 10.
- CW has new Gossip Girl at 8 and Hart of Dixie at 9.
- On cable, Oxygen is airing parts 1 and 2 of the Bad Girls Club: Las Vegas Reunion at 9 and 10; watch Phil Mickelson and other people that are much less well known get inducted into the golf hall of fame on the Golf Channel’s World Golf Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony 2012 from 10-midnight; SyFy has new Eureka and Lost Girl at 9 and 10, respectively; and AMC has a new episode of The Pitch at 10.
2. In “Men Looking to Catch an STD” News, click the clicky to meet the new mantestants that will be competing for the totally genuine affections of Emily Maynard on The Bachelorette (starting May 14).
3. Burn Offs. NBC will burn-off the cancelled Best Friends Forever on June 1 and CBS will do the same to How to be a Gentleman (it seems like it was cancelled ages ago) on May 26 (a Saturday).
4. ABC doesn’t even deserve Cougar Town so they should do this move renewal or no renewal.
5. Renewals. Showtime has renewed The Borgias for a third season and TNT has reupped Southland for season 5.
6. The Illest Motherfucker from here to Gardena … Our condolences go out to the friends and family of Adam “MCA” Yauch, a founding member of the most famous white man rap trio ever conceived, The Beastie Boys. Anyone of a certain age counts at least one Beastie Boys song as among their favorites and Licensed to Ill is still maybe the greatest album name ever.
You can pick from classic songs like “No Sleep Til Brooklyn”, “(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)”, “Sure Shot”, “Intergalactic” or “Sabotage” but I am going with my favorite Beastie single, “So What Cha Want”