Disclaimer: Due to the Passover holiday, this installment of the Soundoff will not contain any issues from Thursday night TV. If anything comes up that should have been addressed, I promise that I will add it to next week’s Soundoff, so without further adieu, here we go:
1. Biggest Loser – As we get closer to the end, things get more interesting and last week was, wait for it, MAKEOVER WEEK!! But what’s important was that they went to the White House. Oh yes, this year, the fatestants get to go to the White House and meet FLOTUS herself, Michelle Obama. But before they meet her, they get revealed to Bob and Dolvett, who look very uncomfortable in suits and ties. After the gushing, they leave each one to “stand there and soak up being in the White House”, but really, they are just waiting for their families and they are all shocked when their loved ones walk through the doorway. Really? Shocked? Doesn’t anyone who auditions for this show watch previous seasons? Makeovers always involve the families. Once again, Mark and Kim look fantastic. Kim is amazing. But, wasn’t she in a size 10 a couple weeks ago when she and Conda met Jessica Simpson? From a 10 to a 6 in 2 weeks? Hmmmm, I’m not so sure about that. All I can say is thank goodness Chris is finally gone. Was it really a surprise after her hotel room binge. I still can’t get over her choice of food. Hamburger, grilled cheese, mayo, peanut butter, banana and a bar of chocolate. How did she get this stuff? The hamburger and grilled cheese I’m sure were room service, but the jar of mayo? Did they actually let her leave the hotel and make a food run? Anyway, one thing gleaned from the glimpse of “Chris At Home” is that clearly, Roy will not be much of a contender for the at home prize.
2. Grey’s Anatomy – Wasn’t all the hype before last week’s episode about the lion saying that there was a lion wandering around the hospital? Either the promos were misinformed, or I heard wrong, because the lion was out on the streets of Seattle and not in Seattle Grace. Oh well. On last night’s episode, Christina demands to hear what happened during Owen’s affair. Would you really want to know what your cheating significant other did with his/her lover? Not I!
3. Scandal – I’m in. Are you? I won’t be able to watch the second epi till next week, but I hear it’s better than the first.
4. HIMYM – Monday night’s episode centered on a day every three years that Marshall, Ted and Barney watch the Star Wars trilogy. Really? Have we ever seen this before? I don’t remember this from three years ago. But, check out my review anyway!
5. NCIS All Around – As you know, NCIS is a major fave here at OMD. So, it amused me on Tuesday night when I watched Glee followed by CSI: NY (from Friday) that both had NCIS references (especially funny since I didn’t watch NCIS on Tuesday). First was the hilarious attempt at an NCIS scene that Cooper Anderson (Matt Bomer) used in his acting master class with Agent Abby Sciuto (btw, I don’t think she’s an agent). And then, when I turned to CSI: NY, who turns out to be the murderer in last week’s episode (SPOILER ALERT!)? Our good friend, Ned Dornegat. Interesting.