1. The Voice – While still a hit for NBC, the ratings have been slipping slightly, but I’m still watching. Sometimes. Here are two things that I have found very interesting lately. First, the “sing for your life” songs, are way better than the over-produced numbers that each wanna-be sings. Last week it became clear that Erin Willet is pretty amazing and RaeLynn is too young for this competition. Second, the coaches do not like the producers of this show, or the way that the show is produced. Side comments from Blake last week and Adam telling us that Jamar was actually the first blind audition even though that’s not how it came across in the editing. Also, they need to get it together with the timing. I guess that’s the downside to the live shows. The coaches tend to ramble no matter how hard Carson prods them along.
2. Smash – I was pretty sure that Ivy was going to ask Ellis to put something peanutty in Rebecca’s smoothie. You know that the allergy has to send her to hospital at some point, otherwise, why bring it up five times in the episode. Who’s going to poison the movie star? Will it be accidental or on purpose? Thoughts?
3. Biggest Loser – With one week to go till the finale, we got to see all of the fatestants and learn how much weight they’ve all lost. This kind of sucks. One of the best things about the finale has always getting to see how they did at home. And while I’m sure they will have lost some more weight, we already know how they stack up against each other. So, way to go show for ruining the only good thing about the finale. On the flip side, maybe the finale will be shorter…
4. Grey’s/Scandal/PP – Last night, I went for the ultimate Shonda Rimes hattrick and watched all three shows back-to-back-to-back (or is it really back to back to front, whatever). I think I actually might have enjoyed Scandal the most of all three. First of all, I totally didn’t see the kidnapping (murder?) of Amanda Tanner coming. Yikes! Second, I like the way they are handling the cryptic and somewhat secretive back stories of the Associates (that would be the non-Olivia Pope employees of Olivia Pope and Associates), including the fact that Quinn Perkins didn’t exist before 2008, awesome! Jeff Perry, who is way better as Cyrus Beane then he was as Thacher Grey, delivered two fanastic speeches last night (one to the President if the Amanda Tanner pregnancy came out and two, to Olivia when he arrived as errand boy to officially declare war). Oh and who is really behind the Amanda story? The First Lady (there’s definitely something dark there)? Billy? Someone we haven’t seen yet? Is this person related to Gideon’s new source? Oh, and I find Abby extremely annoying. Agreed?
5. May Sweeps – strap yourselves in folks, because we coming to end of the regular season and there are some big happenings. In the next couple weeks, Lily will give birth, Barney’s wife (?) will be revealed as will the Mother’s identity (hopefully!) on HIMYM, Scott Wolf returns and Palmer gets married on NCIS, Desperate Housewives comes to an end, someone dies on Grey’s Anatomy, everyone graduates on Glee and more. So, keep it here as your friendly OMD bloggers keep you updated on everything that happens in May Sweeps!