First, to my Jewish Friends, Happy Pesach and to my Christian brethren, Happy Easter! Second, TV!!!!!!
1. TV Tonight! Fairly boring night going into the holiday weekend.
- CBS is all new tonight with Undercover Boss (TaylorMade Golf Company which is just good synergy with CBS having the Masters tournament this weekend), CSI: NY and Blue Bloods.
- NBC is all new tonight with Who Do You Think You Are? (Edie Falco), Grimm and Dateline NBC.
- Fox has The Finder in its new Friday night at 8 timeslot and Fringe.
- ABC has new Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9 and 20/20 at 10.
- On cable, Starz premieres the new show Magic City at 10; USA has a new night of Friday Girl Power with new Fairly Legal at 9 and In Plain Sight at 10; and catch up today’s happening at the Masters on Golf Channel’s Live from the Masters from 7:30-9:30 with a replay starting at 9:30.
2. Special Saturday Programming Note. As always on Easter Weekend, ABC will be playing the Passover story (I don’t know, don’t ask) The Ten Commandments on Saturday from 7pm-11:44pm. This 1956 classic features Charlton Heston, as Moses, at his scenery chewing best!
3. TV Sunday! A mixed bag of nothing special. Its Easter, turn off the TV and spend time with your family.
- CBS has new The Amazing Race at 8 and the season finale of CSI: Miami at 10.
- NBC has new Harry’s Law at 8 and two hours of Celebrity Apprentice at 9.
- Fox’s Animation Domination is all repeats.
- ABC in a bizarre move, airs a repeat of Once Upon a Time at 8 followed by two new episodes of GCB at 9 and 10 (if you are trying out a show in the Desperate Housewives timeslot, wouldn’t you want to pair it with a new episode of your strong lead-in to give it its best shot?).
- On cable, Discovery offers the freshest night of programming with Frozen Planet (the Making Of), Mythbusters at 9 and Unchained Reaction at 10; AMC has new The Killing at 9 and Mad Men at 10 and premieres the new advertising competition show, The Pitch at 11; ABC Family plays the Pixar hit, Cars, from 7:30-10; Nat Geo exploits the re-release of Titanic in 3D with Titanic: The Final Word With James Cameron starting at 8 followed by a new Wicked Tuna at 10; Showtime premieres new seasons of Nurse Jackie at 9, The Big C at 9:30 and The Borgias at 10; and Jennifer Love Hewitt’s sexy new show, The Client List premieres at 10 on Lifetime following a new episode of Army Wivesat 9.
4. Casting News! Jimmy Smits (Outlaw) seems like a nice guy but also kind of a show killer. So, good luck fans of Sons of Anarchy since Smits has been cast for a recurring arc in the next season.
5. Apparently, he didn’t like the idea of Seacrest taking his job. Congrats on the pay day Matt!
6. ABC Summer Premiere Dates … so you know when to avoid Bachelor Pad.
7. There are no words to describe the pairing of these two juggernauts.
8. This guy has a bizarre way of endearing himself to future employers.