1. TV Tonight! Our DVRs will be humming with action tonight across all of the broadcast channels.
- CBS is all new all night with Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Person of Interest (back logged recaps to come … promise!) and The Mentalist.
- NBC has a new night of Must See TV with Community (the Law & Order episode! See the clip below), 30 Rock (the Live Episode), The Office and Parks & Rec. new Awake finishes the night at 10.
- Fox has the American Idol results show at 8 and new Touch at 9.
- ABC goes with new Missing, Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal.
- CW has supernatural Thursday with The Vampire Diaries at 8 and The Secret Circle at 9.
- On cable, even though we are a few weeks from Easter, Discovery is continuing with its Jesus fascination, airing a new Jesus Conspiracies (which sounds like a spin-off of The Father Dowling Mysteries, no?) at 10; ESPN has the 2012 NFL Draft (first round) from 8-11:30; Lifetime premieres something called 7 Days of Sex at 10 (shouldn’t this be paired with The Client List?); and Bravo debuts two episodes of Don’t Be Tardy for the Wedding at 9 and 9:30.
2. Bad Show Infamy. Of course, I make my first foray into a CW show in years, The L.A. Complex, kind of like it and it tanks. The LA Complex debuted to just over 600,000 viewers and pulled a paltry 0.3 demo landing it as the worst debuted drama series ever. EVER. Which of course means it’ll be a long running “hit” for The CW.
3. Good Idea News. On-screen married couple Ty Burrell and Julie Bowen (Modern Family‘s Phil and Claire Dunphy) have been tapped to host the 2012 Billboard Music Awards, airing May 20. Love these two so yay!
4. Gossip Girl’s long time showrunner, Josh Safran has been hired to run Smash beginning in season two when series creator, Theresa Rebeck, steps down. In other Smash news, Debra Messing will be entered in the Lead Actress category for the Emmy’s while Megan Hilty and Kat McPhee will go the Supporting Actress route. interesting though I strongly advise that she not enter that be-sweatpantsed sex scene in the practice room. Not attractive.
5. Bad Idea News. A couple of items today: (i) Discovery has ordered four episodes of Jesse James: Outlaw Garage. Sorry, we’re Team Sandra at On My DVR. (ii) Oxygen will make 5 more shows no one will watch.
6. Robot Chicken News. If you’re not too high to read this, it sounds pretty cool.
7. Community‘s ”Law & Order” Preview (this show is just genius. GENIUS!)