1. TV Tonight! This is a Thursday night to get excited about because you have lots of choices, at least on the broadcast channels, not so much on cable.
- CBS is all new with The Big Bang Theory, the mid-season premiere of Rules of Engagement, Person of Interest (welcome back!) and The Mentalist.
- NBC has an all new night of Community, 30 Rock, The Office and Up All Night with Awake closing out the night at 10.
- Fox eliminates a contestant on American Idol at 8 and then Kiefer Sutherland wants to Touch you at 9.
- ABC only has new Missing at 8.
- CW has new The Vampire Diaries at 8 and The Secret Circle at 9.
- On cable, TLC premieres three episodes of Dateline: Real Life Mysteries, from 8-11; and MTV returns Punk’d at 10 and The Pauly D Project at 10:30.
2. Stick in the knife and turn it Katie.
3. So You Think You Can Dance will premiere its 9th season on Thursday, May 24, BUT will be one hour shorter per week with the elimination show, well, eliminated. Of course, they pick the BEST reality competition show on TV to start the “no elimination show” experiment. Stupid Fox.
4. Lil’ TV Watcher will be so Happy at this new cartoon fix!
5. I have only the foggiest memories of Dallas from when i was a kid but this poster seems like a pretty awesome call back to the “it was all a dream” device that has been copied endlessly since. I am appreciative that they put old wrinkly Larry Hagman in the back.